DESK OF THE CORESPONDENT
Mr.Aloysius Leslie Peters – Headmaster
Who are We?
In the history of India, Christian Missionaries, whether they were from abroad or from local, were the pioneers in the field of Education and Social Reforms. They toiled greatly in upbringing the poor and the weaker section in the society. Educating the illiterates and attending their health and social issues have been the priority for their Missionary activities.
Tiruchirapalli Diocese, canonically erected in the year 1887 and spreading across down south up to Tuticorin, has been in the service of people since its inception. Through its Educational Institutions and medical establishments in the rural and urban areas, it has taken care of people irrespective of caste and creed and their needs.
Based on this tradition, St. James Matriculation Higher Secondary School was founded on 1st October 1982 by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Tiruchirappalli, during the Episcopacy of Most Rev. Thomas Fernando. The task was entrusted to the great visionary Rev. Fr. A. Susairaj. Later in the 1990s, he was instrumental to start another institution Arockia Matha Marticulation at Karumandapam.
While serving as Correspondent of Roman Catholic Hr. Sec. School and Roman Catholic Teachers’ Training Institute, he actualized the dreams of him and of the diocese to start Matriculation Schools to address the emerging needs of student community.
St. James knows very well the purpose of education - opening the windows of the mind and transferring information and transforming them in to knowledge enabling the students to transcend their lives as a whole. Four decades have gone in the annals of St. James. Hundreds and hundreds of students have gone through this institution and have been placed in life successfully. We are proud of them.
However, still we believe that we have miles to go and miles to go before we sleep… Looking forward your continued cooperation and encouragement.
Rev. Fr. T. Eugene